We are currently running a Community Spirit Drumming Program working with an international organisation for people with intellectual and physical disabilities.
These weekly drumming classes are a great success with the participants who look forward to the workshop every week. The benefits have proven to be huge. It brightens them up, makes them more alert and responsive as well as more socially active. The rhythms allow the participants to express themselves.
Other benefits of drumming include:
- Reducing tension, anxiety and depression
- Boosting the immune system
- Increasing energy
- Releasing negative feelings
- Creating social interactions and feeling a sense of community
- Improving language
- Releasing negative feelings and emotional trauma
- Providing a sense of self-worth